Wednesday 18 February 2009

Uncomfortably Numb

Oh wow. This is going to hurt.
I just came off the treadmill after running four miles, for the second time in two days. I ached all over this morning, so it was a real effort to climb onto that machine today.
I felt OK when I started, but once I hit my old friendly 30 minute mark I started to feel it again. Suddenly I was very aware of my breathing, the acid in my legs, balancing even starts becoming conscious. It's official, I still hate running.
Right now I'm just feeling a bit numb. There's no pain, but I feel like it's waiting for me, and I'm going to stiffen up completely over the next 12 hours. Oh well, no one said it would be easy.
I know there's quite a few runners in my network, so if you've got any recovery tips I'd really like to hear them!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment